China Telecommunication Technology Labs (CTTL), founded in 1981, was named under the authorization of the Ministry of Information and Industry Technology (MIIT) and the State General Administration for Quality Supervision, Inspection, and Quarantine (AQSIQ). CTTL experienced sustained development and organization convergence in its history. Current CTTL is administrated by the China Academy of Telecommunication Research (CATR) and was formed through service re-organization and resource concentration by merging four parts of CATR, i.e. the Research Institute of Telecommunication Transmission (RITT), the Telecommunication Metrology Center (TMC), the Research Institute for Industry Standard of Posts and Telecommunications (PTISR), the CTTL Anti-seismic Research Institute of Telecommunication Equipment, BaoDing (ARITE) into an unique body. CTTL has set up laboratories in “South Institute of CATR of MIIT” in Shenzhen, “East Institute of CATR of MIIT” in Shanghai and “West Institute of CATR of MIIT” in Chongqing. It is a leading high-tech laboratory on the combined missions of information communication technology development, information communication product standards and test methods research, telecommunication metrology standards and methods research, products inspection, verification and technical assessment as well as testing instruments metrology and evaluation of communication software.
The development strategy of CTTL is located in the field of electronic information communication industry, based on the research of telecommunications engineering technology with also related fundamental theory, guided by the national and international telecommunication markets demand. We provide comprehensive services and support to the government departments, network operators, product designers and manufacturers. The main task of CTTL includes researching on the electronic communication information technology, setting the relevant standards, carrying out the technical feasibility and the standards compliance technology experiment and test. CTTL has established its quality system according to the ISO/IEC 17025 and achieved successfully accreditation certificates both from the China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS) and foreign accreditation bodies (e.g. DakkS, Germany). The Accredited scope of the laboratories covers various electronic information communication products including all kinds of telecommunication terminals, accessing equipment, transmission equipment, exchange, IP network equipment, multi-media communication equipment, gateway, server, electronic chips, automobile electronics, cable, power supply equipment as well as their reliability, seismic, energy conservation and environmental protection, hazardous substances testing, electrical safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). CTTL has become an advanced national base in large scale with integrate function for electronic information communication equipment testing and inspection as well as metrology and calibration of measuring instruments, providing open services to manufacturers and other clients both nationwide and worldwide. CTTL is a designating test laboratory for implementation of APEC-TEL-MRA and also the location of the Secretariat for APEC TEL MRA Working Group in China. CTTL is the core member of the Telecommunication Terminal Testing & Approval Forum (TAF).
CTTL is capable to undertake:
- Research and development of standards of telecommunication network and equipment as well as the testing methods.
- Inspection and tests for Network Accessing License in China.
- Conformity assessment tests for China Compulsory Certification ,"CCC" mark.
- l Conformity assessment tests for "CE" "FCC" "CCF" "CTIA" "GCF" "PTCRB" "RoHS" "WEEE" "Eup" "REACH" and other global market entry certificates.
- Test for type procurement and technical appraisal for telecom products.
- Measurement and calibration of telecommunication instruments.
- Appraisement and validation of telecommunication software.
- Arbitration and appraisal for quality arguments on mobile or fixed telephone sets.
- Providing the solution for telecom equipment to comply with required standards.
- Research and tests of interconnection and inter-working between different telecom systems and equipment